Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org> on 2017/05/05 20:44:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Airflow 1.8.1 (incubating)

Hello Incubator PMC’ers,

The Apache Airflow community has voted and approved the proposal to release
Apache Airflow 1.8.1 (incubating) based on 1.8.1 Release Candidate 2. We
now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this
incubator release. If the vote is successful we will rename release
candidate 2 to final.

Airflow is a platform to programmatically author, schedule and monitor
workflows. Use airflow to author workflows as directed acyclic graphs
(DAGs) of tasks. The airflow scheduler executes your tasks on an array of
workers while following the specified dependencies. Rich command line
utilities make performing complex surgeries on DAGs a snap. The rich user
interface makes it easy to visualize pipelines running in production,
monitor progress, and troubleshoot issues when needed. When workflows are
defined as code, they become more maintainable, versionable, testable, and
collaborative.

The Apache Airflow-1.8.1-incubating release candidate is now available with
the following artifacts for a project vote:

* [VOTE] Thread:*
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-airflow-dev/201705.mbox/%3CCABYbY7eZk2SYHs3ni31h94uwwRdcn4dkJwumYtUMsfFLq-gwjg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

*[RESULT] [VOTE] Thread:*
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-airflow-dev/201705.mbox/%3CCABYbY7dBAnjcvb-w_4Hdy3ZUM3CGn6Y3eUvZctuFCfdAfPGAXQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

*The release candidate(s) to be voted on is available at:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/ or
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/apache-airflow-1.8.1rc2+incubating.tar.gz

*Git branch*
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/tree/v1-8-test or
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-airflow.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/v1-8-stable;hb=refs/heads/v1-8-test

*Git tag*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-airflow.git;a=shortlog;h=af2d0b4b5cb1ef30a065b1af66f90a01a953e2be

*PGP signature*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/apache-airflow-1.8.1rc2+incubating.tar.gz.asc

*MD5/SHA Hashes*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/apache-airflow-1.8.1rc2+incubating.tar.gz.md5
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/apache-airflow-1.8.1rc2+incubating.tar.gz.sha

*Keys to verify the signature of the release artifacts are available at:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/

* RAT License checks*

RAT is executed as part of the CI process (e.g.
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-airflow/builds/226568140) but can
also be run manually by issuing “sh scripts/ci/check-license.sh” from the
top level.

Source code is always included, i.e. there is no binary release.
Compilation and installation will happen by standard Python practices, e.g.
pip install <> or python setup.py install.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Members please be sure to indicate "(Binding)" with your vote which will
help in tallying the vote(s).

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

*Here is my +1 (non-binding)*

Cheers,
Bolke

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airflow 1.8.1 (incubating)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* L&N look great (good job!)
* xsums/sigs are good (including your signing key in this message isn't
a bad idea)
* Could build from source (python setup.py build)
* Commit is in Git
* DISCLAIMER present
* Website looks nice too

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Jakob Homan already +1'd the release as part of the Airflow community vote.
Does that count towards the IPMC vote, or does he have to +1 it again?

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Sigh, that was meant to be signed: