Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by blacar <bc...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/27 22:15:16 UTC

Can i plug javax.servlet.Filter with CXF (authentication)?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to plug javax.servlet.Filter somehow with CXF?

I am tryng to understand digest authentication.

Seen that spring security DigestAuthenticationFilter is very clean written
my ideas was to plug it to CXF (it's already a filter!! :P)

So i tried:

<jaxrs:server id="customerService" address="http://localhost:9095/rest">
	<jaxrs:serviceBeans>
		<bean class="com.blacar.apps.spike.jaxrs.CustomerService" />
	</jaxrs:serviceBeans>
	<jaxrs:providers>
		<ref bean="digestFilter" />
	</jaxrs:providers>
</jaxrs:server>

<bean id="digestFilter"

class="org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter">
	<property name="userDetailsService" ref="inMemoryUserDetailsService" />
	<property name="authenticationEntryPoint" ref="digestEntryPoint" />
</bean>

and, of course it didn't works since this is a javax.servlet.Filter with
doFilter method
instead of a request/response hander JAX-RS Filter.

Might be possible this approach? ... to plug javax.servlet.Filter in some
way
in the interception/filtering chain of the CXF stack?

Thanks in advance!!

RBC

Re: Can i plug javax.servlet.Filter with CXF (authentication)?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I believe so, I recall users were discussing such issues before,
please check the archives

Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Configure Spring Security independently as per its configuration rules,
and it will work OK

Sergey
On 27/02/14 21:15, blacar wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Is it possible to plug javax.servlet.Filter somehow with CXF?
>
> I am tryng to understand digest authentication.
>
> Seen that spring security DigestAuthenticationFilter is very clean written
> my ideas was to plug it to CXF (it's already a filter!! :P)
>
> So i tried:
>
> <jaxrs:server id="customerService" address="http://localhost:9095/rest">
> 	<jaxrs:serviceBeans>
> 		<bean class="com.blacar.apps.spike.jaxrs.CustomerService" />
> 	</jaxrs:serviceBeans>
> 	<jaxrs:providers>
> 		<ref bean="digestFilter" />
> 	</jaxrs:providers>
> </jaxrs:server>
>
> <bean id="digestFilter"
>
> class="org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter">
> 	<property name="userDetailsService" ref="inMemoryUserDetailsService" />
> 	<property name="authenticationEntryPoint" ref="digestEntryPoint" />
> </bean>

> and, of course it didn't works since this is a javax.servlet.Filter with
> doFilter method
> instead of a request/response hander JAX-RS Filter.
>
> Might be possible this approach? ... to plug javax.servlet.Filter in some
> way
> in the interception/filtering chain of the CXF stack?
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> RBC

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders