Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Rene Cormier <je...@cipanb.ca> on 2003/05/07 21:57:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching Proxy

Hi, we have this website that has a script that connects to another site
and retrieves information and outputs it on our site. The thing is, that
other site is slow and slows down the load time of our site. So I was
wondering if it was possible to cache this info on our server using
mod_proxy? I think using Squid only to cache one page would be a waste
of time since Apache is already installed on the server. I would be
using iptables to redirect all request for that site from the server to
pass through the proxy server. Since the other site is not updated often
(once a day I think) shouldn't this solve my problem? I tried using the
default config in httpd.conf for mod_proxy but I can't connect to port
8080. Is there something I'm doing? Or doesn't mod_proxy works like if I
used Squid or something?

Thanks

Jean-Rene Cormier