Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mann, Bradley" <bm...@harris.com> on 2006/06/15 22:47:29 UTC

Getting Tomcat to display a web page hosted by HTTPD

Hello,

I have Tomcat running a web application behind HTTPD using the Jakarta
connector. Here is my scenario:

I navigate to http://localhost/Dir1/

This is essentially a login page for my web application. The login link
directs to

http://localhost/webapps/MyApp/servlet/Login?Tool=X

And HTTPD uses this context path to start my web application.

The problem I am having is getting my web application to display a web
page that is located in a folder in the document_root of HTTPD, namely

http://localhost/Dir1/serverMessage.html

Every time the web application attempts to display this page I instead
get a 404 error, stating Dir1/serverMessage.html cannot be found. How
can I get my web application to display this page?

Thanks,

Brad Mann
Software Engineer - Information Access Services
HARRIS Corporation / GCSD
(321) 984-6292

Re: Getting Tomcat to display a web page hosted by HTTPD

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
how are you redirecting to

http://localhost/Dir1/serverMessage.html

Filip

Mann, Bradley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Tomcat running a web application behind HTTPD using the Jakarta
> connector. Here is my scenario:
>
> I navigate to http://localhost/Dir1/
>
> This is essentially a login page for my web application. The login link
> directs to
>
> http://localhost/webapps/MyApp/servlet/Login?Tool=X
>
> And HTTPD uses this context path to start my web application.
>
> The problem I am having is getting my web application to display a web
> page that is located in a folder in the document_root of HTTPD, namely
>
> http://localhost/Dir1/serverMessage.html
>
> Every time the web application attempts to display this page I instead
> get a 404 error, stating Dir1/serverMessage.html cannot be found. How
> can I get my web application to display this page?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad Mann
> Software Engineer - Information Access Services
> HARRIS Corporation / GCSD
> (321) 984-6292

Filip Hanik

Re: Getting Tomcat to display a web page hosted by HTTPD

Posted by Guido Schoepp <gu...@guxx.net>.
Mann, Bradley schrieb:
> The problem I am having is getting my web application to display a web
> page that is located in a folder in the document_root of HTTPD, namely
>
> http://localhost/Dir1/serverMessage.html
>
> Every time the web application attempts to display this page I instead
> get a 404 error, stating Dir1/serverMessage.html cannot be found. How
> can I get my web application to display this page?

Does it print
   Dir1/serverMessage.html  (relative path)
or
   /Dir1/serverMessage.html (absolute path)
?

   Guido