Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/11/29 01:40:52 UTC

JIRA issues for plugins with their own projects

Vincent,

Is there an easy way to transfer issues to another project? I'm going to
continue your work on creating separate projects and I want to start
transfering issues to their respective plugins. Is this the approach you
took? I'll just follow in your footsteps.

Have
--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: JIRA issues for plugins with their own projects

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 04:42, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Unfortunately no. Here's the process I followed. For each project:
>
> 1/ Create a new JIRA project, using the maven schemes and putting it in
> the maven category
> 2/ Look at the changes.xml to see all releases. Add these releases in
> the new JIRA project, releasing those which have been released
> 3/ Look at changes.xml and for each issue mentioned, move it to the new
> JIRA project. Update the changes.xml to use the new "issue" attribute
> and the new issue number
> 4/ Try to delete the component in the main maven JIRA project. If there
> are issues there it will say say. Click on the button to list the
> issues. For each of them, manually move them
> 5/ Verify if the plugin has ever been released. If not, release it and
> add a download link in navigation.xml
> 6/ Prepare for work on a new version and add that new version to JIRA
>
> It takes about 15 minutes per project. It would be good to get help from
> all jira admins working on maven... :-) I'll also slowly continue to do
> the job but help is most welcome.

Ok, I use that as a guide but I'm going to flush all plugin issues to a
respective plugin project so a clear view of what remains in the core
can easily be seen.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Jason,