Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Pedro Teixeira <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/02 23:37:32 UTC

Running cTAKES via command line

Hello, I've got an installation of cTAKES running but am unsure of how to
run it via commandline only. I'd like to write a script to automate
processing and skip the GUI. A quick search hasn't turned anything up. Any
advice on how to do that? Will I have to dig into the code to do this?

Thanks!

Re: Running cTAKES via command line

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Take one of the existing startup scripts such as
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-distribution/src/main/bin/runctakesCPE.sh
Replace the main class org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmFrame with ->
*org.apache.ctakes.ytex.tools.RunCPE or *
*org.apache.ctakes.core.cpe.CmdLineCpeRunner or*
*org.apache.uima.examples.cpe.SimpleRunCPM (requires uima examples jar)*

Posted by Pedro Teixeira <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
There were a couple of recent threads about this [1].  In particular search
for:
CmdLineCpeRunner.java and RunCPE.java

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-dev/201502.mbox/%3cCAHnnHnZFde5MF6dDV6Y2R4jyYgua1a43SrdNZRsKJQWDDtiB8w@mail.gmail.com%3e

We should probably add it to the wiki documentation or FAQ...

Posted by Pedro Teixeira <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Green <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi!
It depends on what you mean by run on the command line... Can you clarify the use case?Jg