Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Prabhjot Sodhi <pr...@au1.ibm.com> on 2004/09/22 05:42:22 UTC

Configure Teradata data source connection...

Hi:
        I am new to Java and this forum, so my apologies for asking novice

queries (but u have to start one day)!!!

        I am working on creating a database management site using JSDK and

Apache Tomcat server on my WinXp laptop.

        I have got a dummy test file using an applet to connect to the
Teradata database. But it is failing in dearth of proper drivers.

        Can you please guide me set up the Teradata drivers information in

the conf files, etc so that the applet can sonnect to the RDBMS and submit

the query?

        Thanks in advance!!! Hoping for an early response.

Thanks & Regards,
Pete

Re: FilePermission's in catalina.policy.

Posted by Andoni <an...@eurokom.ie>.
Problem solved.

The "file:" is only used when defining a codeBase as it can be a URL or a
file.

i.e. this also works:

permission java.io.FilePermission
"${catalina.home}${/}webapps${/}extras${/}library${/}","read"; // Read
listing.

Andoni.

Posted by Andoni List <an...@eurokom.ie>.
Hello,

I am trying to run Tomcat with a very strict security cordon around it. So I
[...]

"c:${/}tomcat41${/}webapps${/}extras${/}library${/}*","read"; // Read files.

// These next two don't work:
    permission java.io.FilePermission
"file:{catalina.home}${/}webapps${/}extras${/}library${/}","read"; // Read
listing.
    permission java.io.FilePermission
"file:{catalina.home}${/}webapps${/}extras${/}library${/}*","read"; // Read
files.
};

Re: Configure Teradata data source connection...

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
:
:         Can you please guide me set up the Teradata drivers information in
: the conf files, etc so that the applet can sonnect to the RDBMS and submit
: the query?

1/ please post a *new* message when writing to the list.  Replying to an
old (unrelated) makes your question harder to find (and thus answer).

2/ Is this Teradata product some kind of RDBMS?  If so, and as long as
it is JDBC-compliant, you can follow the instructions on the Tomcat
website: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat

The Teradata docs will explain whether it is JDBC-compliant.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com