Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tom Drake <de...@engineer.com> on 2002/12/05 09:37:45 UTC

Re: [collections][lang] Predicate etc impls, was Re: commons-collections: New code contribution.

Stephen:

Thanks for the note. Functors seems to contain many of the things that I've
also created.
I'll look more closely at this, factor out the overlap. May I send you a zip
file with the
remaining classes?

BTW, what timeframe is this package refactoring of the collections patterns
slated for?
I'd like to make use of these classes in conjunction with [collections] in a
project that
I'm starting up. As of now, I won't be able to do this easily. I'd need to
create adapters
for each of the [collections] and counterpart [lang][functor] interfaces.

I can understand why you'd want to move these patterns out of Collections,
however,
Collections has been 'discovered' by the development community and is, in my
estimation,
in fairly wide use. I've run across it in several projects. Such a
refactoring will have an
obvious ripple effect. Have you considered modifying the interfaces in
collections to
simply extend their new counterparts in lang.functor ?

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. Thanks for the hint about brackets in the subject.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
From: "Tom Drake" <de...@engineer.com>
> Thanks for the note. Functors seems to contain many of the things that
I've
> also created.
> I'll look more closely at this, factor out the overlap. May I send you a
zip
> file with the
> remaining classes?
Of course, please submit ideas/patches to the list.

>  Have you considered modifying the interfaces in
> collections to
> simply extend their new counterparts in lang.functor ?
That would be my plan, yes.

Stephen