Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sunweiwei <su...@asiainfo-linkage.com> on 2014/06/27 04:41:03 UTC

too many regions

Hi

  I'm using a hbase0.94.2 cluster, which has 3 zookeepers, 17
regionservers, about 40000 regions. each regionserver has about 2300
regions.

  Maybe the cluster has too many regions.

  1、If a regionserver die,how long  hmaster reassign the regionserver's
2300 regions .

  If I restart hbase, how long will it  take.

Can I estimate it

  2、Can I set hbase.hregion.max.filesize to 10G in hbase0.94.2

Thanks

答复: too many regions

Posted by sunweiwei <su...@asiainfo-linkage.com>.
Thanks

bq. Can I set hbase.hregion.max.filesize to 10G in hbase0.94.2

Yes.

BTW please consider upgrading to newer 0.94 release. Latest was 0.94.20

Cheers

Re: too many regions

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.