Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Neil McT <ne...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/08/28 19:23:41 UTC

Reading Wicket properties file WITH substitutions

Hi there,

I'm looking for suggestions as how best to read a Wicket .properties file
AND include the text substitutions.

Specifically I've overriden certain validation error messages in a
properties file e.g....

StringValidator.range=${label} must be between ${minimum} and ${maximum}
characters long

As expected, this works fine from the front end. However, when I try to
access the value FROM A TEST using...

props =
(PropertyResourceBundle)ResourceBundle.getBundle("my.props.file.here");
props.getString(key);

I get the literal string i.e. with the ${xxx} entries instead of the actual
values. I understand that this is also as expected as its just grabbing the
property. However I'm wondering how best to invoke the wicket
pre-processing?

Thanks,

Neil.