Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Moe <ji...@sohnen-moe.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/05 01:13:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about order of execution

apache 2.4.38
linux 2.26.32 x86_64

  We have de-commissioned a domain, businessmastery.us, and have added
Redirects to point to the new locations for its information.
  We recently received a query that a visitor's browser was complaining
about how unsafe businessmastery.us was, what with an expired SSL
certificate and all. I am unclear how they got to the old site at all.

  My question is: Does the certificate validation occur before or after
processing <.htaccess>?

----[ .htaccess ]----
#
Options +ExecCGI
#
#
# 20180722 jmm: De-commissioned. Refer to sohnen-moe.com
#
Redirect Permanent /register/ https://sohnen-moe.com/bm5-registration/
Redirect Permanent /workbook.php
https://sohnen-moe.com/bm5-workbook-request/
Redirect Permanent /workbook5/ https://sohnen-moe.com/bm5-workbook-request/
# Redirect Permanent
#
# Catchall for other bizmast URLs.
ReDirectMatch Permanent ^.*$
"https://sohnen-moe.com/products/books/#product-business-mastery"
#
#
# 20180315 jmm: Always use a secure connection
#
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R]
----[ end ]----

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com

Re: [users@httpd] Question about order of execution

Posted by James Moe <ji...@sohnen-moe.com.INVALID>.
On 04/02/2019 6.18 PM, Eric Covener wrote:

>>   My question is: Does the certificate validation occur before or after
>> processing <.htaccess>?
>
> Long before, the handshake is complete before any HTTP request.

  Ah, quite.
  Thanks.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.