Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2005/09/08 06:02:42 UTC

[axis2] stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

Hi Alek:

The new stax-1.1.1-dev.jar (from codehaus SVN) has a number of fixes I'd
like to get into Axis2 (incl the empty element optimization), but the
version we currently have from the default maven repositories seems to
be an older one.

Do you have a maven repo somewhere with the new one, or can you put it
up at ibiblio or apache?

--Glen

Re: [axis2] stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

> Hi Alek:
>
>>> Unfortunately this version still seems to have problems with
>>> multiple namespaces when repairing is switched on.  :(  The version
>>> that I get when I maven from the SVN source that I picked up
>>> yesterday works great, but the one you refer to above doesn't.
>>

>> yes! i was doing built from codehaus and i forgot to run svn up :(
>>  [...]
>> please try now. should i cut it as a new version.
>

> No, that's great as is, thanks!  But you should look into the other
> bug at some point.  Reminder:
>
>   XMLOutputFactory xmlOutputFactory = XMLOutputFactory.newInstance();
>
> xmlOutputFactory.setProperty("javax.xml.stream.isRepairingNamespaces",
> Boolean.TRUE);
>   XMLStreamWriter writer =
> xmlOutputFactory.createXMLStreamWriter(System.out);
>   writer.writeStartElement("http://ns1", "foo");
>   writer.writeNamespace("d", "http://ns1");
>   writer.writeEndElement();
>   writer.flush();
>
> Now generates:
>
> <ns1:foo xmlns:d="http://ns1"/>
>
> I think it should either be:
>
> <ns1:foo xmlns:ns1="http://ns1" xmlns:d="http://ns1"/>
>
> or
>
> <d:foo xmlns:d="http://ns1"/>
>
> (I prefer the 2nd, but it does involve a little more backtracking)

:) ok i check into it :))))

alek

Re: [axis2] stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Alek:

Re: [axis2] stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

> Hi Alek:
>
>> i have just rebuilt RI and the latest 1.1.2 version is in
>> http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/
>

> Unfortunately this version still seems to have problems with multiple
> namespaces when repairing is switched on.  :(  The version that I get
> when I maven from the SVN source that I picked up yesterday works
> great, but the one you refer to above doesn't.

yes! i was doing built from codehaus and i forgot to run svn up :(

U  src/com/bea/xml/stream/MXParser.java
U  src/com/bea/xml/stream/ConfigurationContextBase.java
U  src/com/bea/xml/stream/XMLWriterBase.java

please try now. should i cut it as a new version.

thanks,

alek

Re: [axis2] stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Alek:

Re: [axis2] stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

> The new stax-1.1.1-dev.jar (from codehaus SVN) has a number of fixes
> I'd like to get into Axis2 (incl the empty element optimization), but
> the version we currently have from the default maven repositories
> seems to be an older one.
>
> Do you have a maven repo somewhere with the new one, or can you put it
> up at ibiblio or apache?

hi Glen,