Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu> on 2015/06/23 21:23:54 UTC

DevCenter 1.2.0 keep failing in KDE 4.14.1

I'm using DevCenter 1.2.0 in KDE, particularly in Kubuntu 14.10 with KDE
4.14.1, and when I want to start the application, it raises this error:
$ ./DevCenter
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
java:
/build/buildd/gtk2-engines-oxygen-1.4.5/src/animations/oxygencomboboxdata.cpp:87:
void Oxygen::ComboBoxData::setButton(GtkWidget*): Assertion
`!_button._widget' failed.

Could you know why this can be happening?
--
Marcos Ortiz <http://about.me/marcosortiz>, Sr. Product Manager (Data
Infrastructure) at UCI

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: DevCenter 1.2.0 keep failing in KDE 4.14.1

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu> wrote:

> OK, I will do it.

As a side note, DevCenter 1.3 also has supported for reaching out to us
directly [1]

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/devcenter-1-3-available-now-featuring-schema-wizards-and-execution-of-highlighted-statements

--
Bests,

Alex Popescu | @al3xandru
Sen. Product Manager @ DataStax

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: DevCenter 1.2.0 keep failing in KDE 4.14.1

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Thanks, Alex for the quick response.

On 23/06/15 15:34, Alex Popescu wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz@uci.cu
> <ma...@uci.cu>>wrote:
>
>     MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
>

> 1. The MaxPermSize is just a warning.
>
> 2. This is the first time I've seen that error. Search revealed this
> StackOverflow thread
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26436009/eclipse-luna-crashes-on-new-project-in-ubuntu
> which mentions a workaround.
I will get deeply in this issue, and when I solve this, I will post the
solution here.

> 3. Last but definitely the most important, I'd strongly encourage you
> to upgrade to the latest version of DevCenter 1.3.1
> http://www.datastax.com/download-ops-dev#DataStax_DevCenter
OK, I will do it.

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
Hi Marcos,