Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de> on 2003/08/04 18:10:40 UTC

Questions about OMDG test case PersonWithArrayTest.testStoreThreePersons

(me again ;-) I'm still "toying" with the ODMG implementation and I
stumbled upon something strange (at least in my eyes). While working
through the ODMG testcases, I noticed that when I change the
PersonWithArrayTest.testStoreThreePersons test a slightly bit from

        Transaction tx = odmg.newTransaction();
        tx.begin();
        tx.lock(karlHeinz, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.lock(kurt, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.lock(knuth, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.commit();

        Transaction tx = odmg.newTransaction();
        tx.begin();
        tx.lock(kurt, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.lock(knuth, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.lock(karlHeinz, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.commit();

or also to

        Transaction tx = odmg.newTransaction();
        tx.begin();
        tx.lock(kurt, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.lock(knuth, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.commit();

        tx.begin();
        tx.lock(karlHeinz, Transaction.WRITE);
        tx.commit();

then in both cases the test fails (the collection was not stored
correctly).
Is there a reason that I have to put the objects in exactly this order
(see first change) and that I have to lock the subobjects in the same
transaction (see second change) ?

Thanks,
Tom