Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com> on 2008/02/21 01:22:28 UTC

[Axis2] Deploying multiple services under single web app (single war file)

Hi,

I'm using Axis2 1.3.  Is it possible to deploy multiple services under
single web application (I mean using single war file).

Here's my scenario.

Current situation:

Currently I have a webservice with multiple methods (one of them being
the login method).  The clients of my webservice will first call the
login method with username & password, I'll authenticate them and return
a session id in the response.  The clients use that session id (pass it
in the soap header) in all the subsequent calls within that session.

I want it to be changed something like this:

I want to make the login method as a separate webservice and all the
other remaining methods in the existing webservice.  So that the clients
will call the login method (with username & password), I'll return
session id and the clients will use that session id to invoke other
webservice methods.

I wanted it like this because in future I'll create another webservice
which has a certificate based authentication (currently it is password
based authentication) and that webservice will authenticate the client
and also return a session id and the clients will use that session id to
invoke the other webservice methods.

Questions:

1.       Is this possible with Axis2?

2.       If yes, then how should I do it?

3.       Should there be separate WSDL's, axis2.xml's, services.xml's
for each of the webservices?

4.       How to generate client stubs for such a scenario?

5.       Can the same wsdl file work for different webservices?

Note:  I've tried creating a serviceGroup in the service.xml but it
didn't work for me.

Thanks

Raghu

Re: [Axis2] Deploying multiple services under single web app (single war file)

Posted by Antonio Manuel Muñiz Martín <am...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is.

You can deploy each service independently in axis2 container. You only have
to divide your WSDL in N WSDL´s and generate the aar files for each.
Deploy the aar files in axis container, and you will have N web services.

Each service may have its own axis2.xml and services.xml, look at axis doc.

One WSDL belong to a webservice, and one web service only has one wsdl.

Bye.