Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Paul, Lulu" <Lu...@bl.uk> on 2021/06/17 21:19:45 UTC

Connection issues when SOLR instance points to new upgraded SQL Server 2019 DB

Hi SOLR team,

Our .net project (currently running on solr-5.2.1) recently updated the DB end (from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2019).
We made all the necessary changes with respect to app configs and SOLR configs. But now SOLR cannot seem to connect to the new DB and throws a socket exception.

So the steps we followed were - 1. Change data-config.xml, Restart SOLR instance, re-start the server, Perform a full-reindex from SOLR UI

Below is the exception. Can you please advise what needs to be checked in order to get this working back again? We feel the re-indexing is not fetching the latest records.

[Error] An exception was thrown in SearchSolr.
SolrNet.Exceptions.SolrConnectionException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:8090
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Much appreciate the advice, Thank you!

Best Wishes
Lulu

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library's latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk<ma...@bl.uk> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print