Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Arno Illmann <ar...@ge.stalt.de> on 2001/10/18 21:05:26 UTC

Someone with knowledge in DatabaseXActions?

I am testing around with the tutorial from cvs and with the DatabaseSelectAction.

I added it to the cocoon source and made a new build. After that another test action worked and I
could access the tutorial with the included DatabaseSelectAction without errors.

But i could not get a sample with DatabaseSelectAction working, does someone know a sample of a
working descriptor file and a XSP with a little bit select * from something ...

I i.e. read the DatabaseSelectAction source and all files in the tutorial but I can't find out how
to invoke the action.

Something like following??

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">

<document>
  <header>
   <title>Select Test/title>
  </header>
   <s1 title="Select Department">
    <form handler="select-test.html">
     <submit name="Select Department"/>
    </form>
   </s1>
</document>
</xsp:page>

And:
Is the DatabaseSelectAction flexible enough for an sql with grouping operators? Example of this too,
please...

Much thanks in advance, Arno

-------------------

Hope this looks ok:

Sitemap:

<map:actions>
   <map:action name="dbSel" src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseSelectAction"/> <!-- added -->
   <map:action name="dbAdd" src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseAddAction"/>
   <map:action name="dbDel" src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseDeleteAction"/>
   <map:action name="dbUpd" src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseUpdateAction"/>
   <map:action name="form" src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.FormValidatorAction"/>
</map:actions>

<map:action-sets>
   <map:action-set name="process">
    <map:act type="dbSel" action="Select Department"/>
    <map:act type="form" action="Create Department">
         [ ... and the other ..]

<map:match pattern="select-test.html">
   <map:act set="process">
     <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="docs/select-form.xml"/>
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/confirm-select.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/apache.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize/>
   </map:act>
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/select-test.xsp"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/apache.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="select-test.xml">
   <map:act set="process">
     <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="docs/select-form.xml"/>
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/confirm-select.xsp"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:act>
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/select-test.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

----  the descriptor file select-form.xml: -----

<root>
    <connection>personnel</connection>
      <keys>
        <key param="id" dbcol="department_id" type="int" mode="manual"/>
      </keys>
      <values>
        <value param="name" dbcol="department_name" type="string"/>
      </values>
</root>