Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/10 11:03:07 UTC

RTC or CTR or a mixture?

Does the project operate on RTC (Review Then Commit) or CTR for committers?

Or does it depend on the nature of the change?

I am used to making simple fixes such as typos and documentation with
just the commit message for documentation.

For bugs, I would expect to see an issue raised, and any fixes linked to that.

For enhancements, often a dev discussion is needed before an
enhancment issue is raised and fixed.

Given that changes can always be reverted, and AFAIK changes are not
automatically deployed, it seems to me that CTR should be sufficient
for all updates to the code base (with the obvious exception of
security fixes)

Re: RTC or CTR or a mixture?

Posted by Ulises <ul...@gmail.com>.
> Since it should not affect the behaviour of checkouts, I propose to start
fixing documentation errors/omissions directly in master.

+1

Re: RTC or CTR or a mixture?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: RTC or CTR or a mixture?