Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ron Smith <ro...@rpsenterprises.com> on 2001/06/29 07:08:46 UTC

Submitting: Transformations package & updated extensions

I'm submitting the transformations package as a struts extension.
I've also updated the extensions package to include support for the
destroy() and initDigester() functions and repackaged the source/class
files
into a .zip file (thanks Niall, Ted).

What's a transformation?  Briefly:
Transformations are responsible
for taking an object in one form and transforming it into another.
Specifically,
they can be used for transforming properties of business
objects for inclusion in a JSP page, and processing fields received in
the
HTTP request.

Note that this transformation package depends on the
extensions package I sent out a couple days ago.
Both packages, along with design docs & samples, can be retrieved from:
http://www.rpsenterprises.com/struts/

The README for transformations has more information and is attached to
this file.

Enjoy.