Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Cole <bi...@apache.org> on 2020/09/19 16:34:05 UTC

Something broken in MIRRORED.BY updating

Both Kevin & I made changes to MIRRORED.BY with the goal of retiring the
Secnap mirror, and repeatedly it got reverted in the copy used by the
monitoring script.

Don't believe it? Compare these:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/site/updates/MIRRORED.BY
http://spamassassin.apache.org/updates/MIRRORED.BY

The latter is apparently what the monitor uses and what mirrors pick up.
It gets updated when the copy in svn gets changed. Something keeps
changing it back. Note the series of monitoring messages (and lack of
messages) between yesterday at 21:18 UTC and now.

Anyone recently familiar with the plumbing have any ideas?

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)

Re: Something broken in MIRRORED.BY updating

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 19 Sep 2020, at 14:25, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> I've seen it be wonky too, it's not just you.

Indeed, it is evidenced by the 23:18 UTC mail from
checkSAupdateMirrors.sh, which does not include the Secnap mirror. The
messages before and after it do. You can also correlate the commits that
both you and I did over the last 2 days to the checkSAupdateMirrors.sh
messages and find that they did not "stick" in the list it was checking.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Cole <bi...@apache.org>.