Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dmitrii PapaGeorgio <te...@woh.rr.com> on 2004/08/15 22:13:43 UTC

Index and Search question in Lucene.

Ok so when I index a file such as below

Document doc = new Document();
doc.Add(Field.Text("contents", new StreamReader(dataDir)));
doc.Add(Field.Keyword("filename", dataDir));

I can do a search as this
"+contents:SomeWord  +filename:SomePath"

Correct?

Re: Index and Search question in Lucene.

Posted by Ernesto De Santis <er...@colaborativa.net>.
Hi Dimitri

What analyzer you use?

You need take carefully with Keyword fields and analyzers. When you
index a Document, the fields that have set tokenized = false, like
Keyword, are not analyzed.
In search time you need parse the query with your analyzer but not
analyze the untokenized fields, like your filename.

> I can do a search as this
> "+contents:SomeWord  +filename:SomePath"

The sintaxis is rigth, but if you search +filename:somepath, find only
this file.

For example,
+content:version +filename:/my/path/myfile.ext

Only can found myfile.ext, and if this file don't content "version", not
going to find nothing. This is because you use +. + set the term
required.

You can see the queries sintaxis in lucene site.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=chapter.search&toc=faq#q5

good luck.

Bye