Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2008/02/07 19:58:08 UTC

Jakarta remnants in JIRA

Hi folks,

when I add a comment to one of our JIRA issues, there
is a "Viewable By" drop-down menu. Same for attaching a
file. The drop-down list includes "jakarta-developers".
Could it be that our JIRA projects are still running
with the Jakarta "permission scheme", whatever that is?

http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheJira

cheers,
  Roland

Re: Jakarta remnants in JIRA

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08.02.2008, at 17:51, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 19:58 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> when I add a comment to one of our JIRA issues, there
>> is a "Viewable By" drop-down menu. Same for attaching a
>> file. The drop-down list includes "jakarta-developers".
>> Could it be that our JIRA projects are still running
>> with the Jakarta "permission scheme", whatever that is?
>
> I created a new group hc-developers and put added all actual
> committers
> to that group.

Cool, thanks!

> jakarta-developers still appears in that iewable By"
> drop-down menu, as it seems to be referenced somewhere in the project
> settings but I am unable to locate where.

The reason is that this "Viewable By" menu is populated with a) the
available project roles and b) the groups of the person intending to
comment/attach/etc. So in my case there's no jakarta-developers group
but several other groups like incubator-pmc/infra-team... afaics we
can not change that - so best is to simply ignore it :)

Cheers,
Erik

Re: Jakarta remnants in JIRA

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 19:58 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> when I add a comment to one of our JIRA issues, there
> is a "Viewable By" drop-down menu. Same for attaching a
> file. The drop-down list includes "jakarta-developers".
> Could it be that our JIRA projects are still running
> with the Jakarta "permission scheme", whatever that is?

I created a new group hc-developers and put added all actual committers
to that group. jakarta-developers still appears in that iewable By"
drop-down menu, as it seems to be referenced somewhere in the project
settings but I am unable to locate where. I do not think it is actually
such a big deal.

Oleg