Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2009/03/03 22:58:45 UTC

RE: ClassNotFoundException org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory

> From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
> Subject: Re: ClassNotFoundException
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory
>
> In both directories ${CATALINA_HOME}/server/lib and
> ${CATALINA_HOME}/common/lib I do not find a file tomcat-dbcp.jar.

To protect the guilty (I suppose), it's called naming-factory-dbcp.jar in common/lib for the 5.5 levels.  Look inside it - you'll find all the DBCP classes.

 - Chuck

Re: ClassNotFoundException org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
Chuck,

glad you're still my heroe ;)

However, I see clearly now what went wrong:

In Tomcat 4.1 there's a description about datasources:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/globalresources.html

In there, there's a link to a JNDI-how-to:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

Sometime, we miograted from 4.1 to 5.5.

In 5.5, there's also a description about datasoources:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/globalresources.html

There's also a link to a JNDI-howto pointing to
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resource-howto.html#Generic%20JavaBean%20Resources
(not the first link, but the last one at the end of the page) giving a
HTTP404.

I guess I got that 404, tried it the old fashioned way (which worked
since the pakacges had been renamed), and BINGO!

Anyhow, issue's settled now, thanks to all for clearification!

Cheers

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2