Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Julian Stephen <ju...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/20 13:37:01 UTC

Functional Tests For Fineract

Hi everyone,
  I was wondering if there are (or someone could point me to) functional
tests for the Fineract APIs (not Fineract CN) that cover actual workflows.
E.g., a sequence of API calls that cover creation of a new loan or a
sequence that creates a new saving account and adds a transaction entry
that moves money from one account to another.

I was looking for Postman style requests or QA style test cases, or even
selenium scripts from the front end. I found some broken links to an older
v1 mifos community app scripts, but they seem non functional.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Julian Stephen

Re: Functional Tests For Fineract

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
Julian,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 6:14 PM Julian Stephen <ju...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just to add to the query, I was wondering if there are any dumps of the
> mysql backing the demo app (@ demo.mifos.io) that is open to the public.
> That seems to have a good set of basic clients/products etc to have a good
> test env.

The only thing that I know of is
https://github.com/apache/fineract/tree/develop/fineract-db/multi-tenant-demo-backups,
had you already seen that?

Thank You,
> Julian Stephen
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:16 AM Julian Stephen <ju...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>    I've been running through one of the test cases in the excel sheet you
>> provided (RD TestCases) using the community app. I am recording and dumping
>> what I am doing with mitmproxy
>> <https://docs.mitmproxy.org/stable/concepts-howmitmproxyworks/> hoping
>> that the requests can be replayed (or mutated to other forms like postman)
>> in future.

I was (for the first time, I admit!) playing with Postman more myself today
(for another project, https://github.com/mojaloop/postman), and discovered
that it actually a built-in HTTP Proxy.. are you aware of
https://learning.postman.com/docs/sending-requests/capturing-request-data/capturing-http-requests/
? That is actually pretty cool. Will you contribute a (starting point of) a
Postman Collection for Fineract?

> I am curious to know if there is an easy way of having a default base
>> setup which has basic code values (e.g., gender, client type etc) and some
>> clients. Are there any existing csv lists that can be imported, or mysql
>> snapshots?
>>
>> E.g.,
>> 1. Code values for `Gender` and `Client Type` are specified in the test
>> case, but not defined by default.
>> 2. Creating/activating clients

I was surprised that nobody else on this list reading this replied to this
point... how do you all do the default base setup?

Posted by Julian Stephen <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Stephen <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Julian Stephen <ju...@gmail.com>.