Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/14 12:24:08 UTC

What artifact id should the blueprint-parser bundle have?

Hi all,

As I was preparing the most recent batch of bundle releases, I noticed
that the artifact id for blueprint-parser doesn't follow the same
pattern as the rest of our artifact
 ids - it's "blueprint-parser" rather than
"org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser". I know we discussed the group id
of the util bundle recently and decided that consistency with previous
releases was more important than consistency with other bundles, but
the blueprint-parser id seems *really* inconsistent. I suspect users
would be pretty confused by the fact that the artifact id isn't the
same as the bundle symbolic name.

What do people think? Should we correct it before 1.0.0, or leave it as it is?

Holly

Re: What artifact id should the blueprint-parser bundle have?

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Ah yes, you're right! Thanks, Jeremy. I guess in that case the id is
much less critical, and in fact being different from our usual pattern
is arguably a good thing.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.