Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/21 22:28:45 UTC

review board

Hi,
Who should I contact so that patch for Slider can be added to
https://reviews.apache.org/r/new/ ?

Cheers

Re: review board

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks.  Best suggestion they had was to add a comment and trigger an email (they weren’t certain of the responsible party).  We’ll see if that works.

— Jon

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: review board

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. if portions can be broken into commits that do not break the overall
functionality

Makes sense.

Re: review board

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Great!

I plan to start submitting my commits for review - I’ll figure out a process that works for me (rbt, web posting, etc) and post my thoughts.  One thing that will probably be important is managing the scope of commits - reviews should be kept to a manageable size (ideally around 5 files or so). That means that some JIRAs will probably be best addressed by multiple incremental commits rather than one large one (if portions can be broken into commits that do not break the overall functionality).

Re: review board

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: review board

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
infra all hang out on hipchat

https://www.hipchat.com/gdAiIcNyE

On 27 January 2015 at 16:34, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Ted made that change early in January, but the issue has yet even get
> assigned.  Is there any mechanism available to get this issue some
> attention?  Can we escalate it?
>
> — Jon
>
> On Jan 5, 2015, at 10:14 AM, Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It might help (a little) if the component were listed as ReviewBoard.  I
> > think only Ted can change this.
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a way to poke one of these to get it moving?  :)
> >>
> >> — Jon

> sumit.mohanty@gmail.com>

> >> link
> while

> >> <javascript:;>>

> >> entity
> confidential,
> >> reader
> notified

> >> --
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or
> entity to
> reader
> >> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that
> >> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: review board

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Ted made that change early in January, but the issue has yet even get assigned.  Is there any mechanism available to get this issue some attention?  Can we escalate it?

— Jon

On Jan 5, 2015, at 10:14 AM, Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It might help (a little) if the component were listed as ReviewBoard.  I
> think only Ted can change this.
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to poke one of these to get it moving?  :)
>>
>> — Jon
>>
>> On Dec 21, 2014, at 11:41 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Logged INFRA-8927
>>>
>>> Cheers

>> link

>> <javascript:;>>

>> entity
>> reader

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: review board

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: review board

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: review board

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Logged INFRA-8927

Re: review board

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com>.
You will need an INFRA jira to create a slider review group and also link
the git repo for slider. I had created one INFRA jira for Ambari a while
back for the same. See if that can be a reference.

On Monday, December 22, 2014, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> I’ve wondered about that myself.  I’m wondering if anything is really
> required administratively, or can we simply install RBTools and start
> posting reviews?
>
> On Dec 21, 2014, at 4:28 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Who should I contact so that patch for Slider can be added to
> > https://reviews.apache.org/r/new/ ?
> >
> > Cheers
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE