Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2007/08/03 18:21:02 UTC

T&R schedule

Lets shoot for a T&R of 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 on Aug 10th... That
means a possible release on the 13th. That way, admins
aren't compelled to upgrade before/during the weekend (other-
wise, T&R on the 8th and release on the 10th would make
sense)

I volunteer to RM 1.3 and even 2.2.

afaict, 1.3 and 2.0 are ready to go; we just have some
outstanding potentials still in line for 2.2

Re: T&R schedule

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Aug 4, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 08/03/2007 06:21 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Lets shoot for a T&R of 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 on Aug 10th... That
>> means a possible release on the 13th. That way, admins
>> aren't compelled to upgrade before/during the weekend (other-
>> wise, T&R on the 8th and release on the 10th would make
>> sense)
>
> +1 in general, but I think the timing of T&R should be independent
> from admins needs. It should be more driven by the ability of
> people to test the RC.

Actually, it's both, with the pref, of course, given
to actual testing. However, coming from the fact that,
from the beginning, we developers were also users (and
admins), we maintain an affinity for the troubles and
turmoils of being an admin, and try to avoid doing
releases right before the weekend or holidays, if
we can help it.

Re: T&R schedule

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 08/03/2007 06:21 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Lets shoot for a T&R of 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 on Aug 10th... That
> means a possible release on the 13th. That way, admins
> aren't compelled to upgrade before/during the weekend (other-
> wise, T&R on the 8th and release on the 10th would make
> sense)

+1 in general, but I think the timing of T&R should be independent
from admins needs. It should be more driven by the ability of
people to test the RC. If we want to give admins a calm Friday
and weekend we simply should extend the voting time / postpone
the release announcement to the beginning of the week.

Regards

Ru"diger

Re: T&R schedule

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Aug 4, 2007, at 1:20 AM, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> Lets shoot for a T&R of 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 on Aug 10th... That
>> means a possible release on the 13th. That way, admins
>> aren't compelled to upgrade before/during the weekend (other-
>> wise, T&R on the 8th and release on the 10th would make
>> sense)
>>
>> I volunteer to RM 1.3 and even 2.2.
>>
>> afaict, 1.3 and 2.0 are ready to go; we just have some
>> outstanding potentials still in line for 2.2
>
> I keep volunteering for this, and keep dropping the ball. I agree
> with the schedule, but wouldn't we also give the folks who pull
> down the RCs some time in the office to kick the tires?  Perhaps
> take an extra day and release on the 14th?

Sounds good.

Re: T&R schedule

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:39 AM, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2007, at 7:47 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>>> I would renew my offer to RM but realistically I'll be traveling
>>> on the 10th so it's not unlikely that I'd drop the ball yet again.
>>>

>> No worries... I'll "stay" RM and, if things free up for you,
>> we can coordinate.
>
> Did you plan to also do a 2.0.x T&R?

Unless someone else wants to, I will.

Re: T&R schedule