Posted to dev@bval.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/11 21:36:40 UTC

project logo (hinges on naming vote)

All:
  With apologies to its originator(s), I know I'm not alone in the
opinion that our current logo, to coin a phrase, looks like shit.  :)
I spent some time playing with Inkscape last night to try my hand at a
better (IMHO) concept.  At [1] you can see a candidate logo to
correspond with each of the project name options I nominated at [2].
Feel free to offer comments or suggestions; I can if needed make the
.svg file available if anyone more experienced wants to tweak
anything.

Matt

[1] http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/bval-logo/index.html
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/dhfpsyu64guofy3d

Re: project logo (hinges on naming vote)

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
+1 for the new logo as well, and never liked the old one for the same reason :D

I would suggest to switch color too, rather that green I'd prefer one
of the blue in the "Who to follow" Twitter's page[1], looks more suave
to my eyes :)

all the best, have a nice day!
-Simo

[1] https://twitter.com/#!/who_to_follow