Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2010/12/14 23:51:54 UTC

Changing the default Fuzzy minSimilarity?

Hi,

A fuzzy query foo~ defaults to a similarity of 0.5, i.e. equal to foo~0.5

I want to set the default to 0.8 so that if a user enters the query foo~ it euqals to foo~0.8

Have not seen a way to do this in Solr. A param &fuzzy.minSim=0.8 would do the trick. Anything like this, or shall I open a JIRA?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Changing the default Fuzzy minSimilarity?

Posted by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com>.
>> A fuzzy query foo~ defaults to a similarity of 0.5, i.e. equal to foo~0.5
>>

> just as an FYI, this isn't true in trunk (4.0) any more.
>
> the defaults are changed so that it never enumerates the entire
> dictionary (slow) like before, see:
>
> so, the default is now foo~2 (2 edit distances).

Got it. I need this for production on 1.4.1. Any clue on how to patch in a new default, without?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.