Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naveen Alex <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/31 09:04:05 UTC

Question about Tomcat Windows service configuration

Hi,

I am stuck with an issue on Tomcat 6.x version.

I have two folder under /webapps/ folder called "appstore" and
'static-content". appstore has a UI which will write files to a folder in
"static-content" directory under webapps.

Everything works fine when i run tomcat as a standalone version but when i
run it as a windows services, the application called "appstore" is not able
to create any folders or files under "static-content".

I tried giving security manager options in the registry but still it doesnt
work. Pls help me out. Cant understand why it works for standalone or not
as a windows service.

Thanks and regards,
Naveen Alex

Re: Question about Tomcat Windows service configuration

Posted by Naveen Alex <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi chuck,

Its on the system d drive itself.

On Saturday, December 31, 2011, Caldarale, Charles R <
Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Naveen Alex [mailto:naveen.alex@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Question about Tomcat Windows service configuration
>
>> I have the tomcat folder outside of the program files in windows.
>
> How far outside?  On a local drive, or a network mounted one?
>
>  - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Naveen Alex <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it doesnt work.

I have assigned an admin user to run the service and all the admin
permissions to the webapps folder. I have the tomcat folder outside of the
program files in windows.

Not sure why it doesnt work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Naveen Alex

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.