Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by pnguyen42 <ph...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/09 00:52:31 UTC

hot deploy IoFilter?

I've read the documentation and searched this forum, but can't seem to find
doc's on how to hot deploy an IoFilter. Can anyone point me to some
documentation for this feature? Thanks in advance...

-pn42

Re: hot deploy IoFilter?

Posted by pnguyen42 <ph...@yahoo.com>.
The pdf/ppt slides from the documenation show "hot deployable" as a feature.
I *assume* this means the ability to add new IoFilters without recompiling
code and without shutting down the application using MINA. Is my assumption
incorrect? I think it can be done with JMX and dynamic class loading.

-pn42

Re: hot deploy IoFilter?

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@gmail.com>.

Re: hot deploy IoFilter?

Posted by "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <tr...@gmail.com>.
Our JMX integration module in trunk (2.x) provides a way to insert an
IoFilter via JMX console easily.  One limitation is that the filter
should be registered as an MBean already.  Because an IoFilter doesn't
restrict the signature of its constructor, you will have to implement
your own mechanism to instantiate a filter and register it as an MBean.

Trustin

2008-02-08 (금), 16:49 -0800, pnguyen42 쓰시길:

http://gleamynode.net/

Re: hot deploy IoFilter?

Posted by pnguyen42 <ph...@yahoo.com>.

Re: hot deploy IoFilter?