Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by RaphaelJ <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 11:41:57 UTC

Custom serialization of JDK5 Enum in Axis 1.2 on client-side

Hi Folks,

I am migrating a SOAP web service to JDK1.5. I have took advantage of native
java enums in the new code. For some reasons, I'm stuck with Axis 1.2 and it
does not natively support JDK5 "enums".

I have found a tutorial on how to implement custom a serialization /
deserialization for java enums:
http://www.developpez.net/forums/d236564/java/developpement-web-java/web-services/utiliser-type-enum-jdk5-axis/
http://www.developpez.net/forums/d236564/java/developpement-web-java/web-services/utiliser-type-enum-jdk5-axis/
(in French).

I have been able to successfully register those custom serialization
handlers on the server side via the use of "typeMapping" elements in the
".wsdd" file.

However, I can't figure out how to register the same classes on the client
side, as I don' think I can use a ".wssd" file here.

The
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#WhenBeansAreNotEnoughCustomSerialization
corresponding part in the user-guide  does not help either, since it only
explains the "wsdd" file configuration on server side. Nothing on the client
side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Raphael

Re: Custom serialization of JDK5 Enum in Axis 1.2 on client-side

Posted by RaphaelJ <ra...@gmail.com>.

I have finally found how to manually register a custom type mapping.

I do it when creating an instance of a Service :

service = new Service();

// Get default type mapping
TypeMapping tmap = DefaultTypeMappingImpl.getSingletonDelegate();

// Register our custom serializer / deserializer
tmap.register(
        MyCustomClass.class,
        MyCustomClassQName,
        new MyCustomSerizalizerFactory(),
        new MyCustomDeserizalizerFactory());

// Add it back to the service
service.getTypeMappingRegistry().register(
        "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/", // Default encoding
        tmap);

I don't know whether it is the right way to do it, but it works !

Re: Custom serialization of JDK5 Enum in Axis 1.2 on client-side

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
For Axis(2) C/C++, there is c-user and axis1-c-user.

You can get a list of all mailing lists for every TLP by looking at
http://<tlp>.apache.org/mail/.

Andreas

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Andreas,