Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Gidon Gershinsky <GI...@il.ibm.com> on 2018/02/01 07:18:16 UTC

Re: Parquet modular encryption

Following the Parquet sync call this week, I've updated the design
document to focus on a Phase 1 version of this mechanism (single key,
per-column encryption opt in/out), as we discussed.
Thanks for constructive comments and suggestions. Feel free to leave
additional comments at the document.

Regards,
Gidon

Re: Parquet modular encryption

Posted by Gidon Gershinsky <GI...@il.ibm.com>.
A first PR in the encryption series is sent (to parquet-format), please
review.

Regards,
Gidon

Re: Parquet modular encryption

Posted by Gidon Gershinsky <GI...@il.ibm.com>.
A status update: I'm working on a (Java) implementation and testing of
this function, the code should be ready for a pull request in a couple of
weeks.

Regards,
Gidon