Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Robert Haycock <Ro...@artificial-solutions.com> on 2012/09/06 12:15:16 UTC

Multi-threaded saving - multi sessions needed?

Hi,

I have a process that saves our solution. A solution consists of folders
and documents. Each document is saved as a node tree. In order to
increase performance I was thinking about having an ExecutorService for
saving each document. Does this sound feasible?

I believe there will be a problem with eg. having 5 threads saving using
the same session, that right? Each "save task" will consist of a
document and a node to save it under. Will each task require its own
session and need to reload the node? Is there a way to re-associate/bind
a node with a different session like in hibernate?

Thanks,

Rob.