Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Laura Bostan <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 20:03:42 UTC

trying to replace default opennlp with stanford models

Hi,

I am currently working on replacing the default opennlp with stanford
models in stanbol configuration. For that I tried to integrate this release
 https://github.com/westei/stanbol-stanfordnlp/releases  into my own
stanbol configuration so that it will be used together with the enhancer
and other chains I created.

My goal is to compare the NER tools and check which is better for my needs
and also if possible try to combine them and check if they are better
together.
I guess, one solution could be that a bundle out of the stanford models can
be made and then being loaded and used in the current configuration.

How can we create a bundle out of the stanford models?

Thank you,
Laura

Re: trying to replace default opennlp with stanford models

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>.
Hi Laura,

Stanbol's Stanfordnlp is a wrapper for converting Stanford CorenNLP into a
server that process text and return annotations in a concrete format
expected by Stanbol. At Stanbol's side, the RESTful NLP engine which
basically acts as a client of that server (
https://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/enhancer/nlp/restfulnlpanalysisservice
)

Regards