Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Haider Kazmi <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/05 16:39:22 UTC

how do I parse entitiy like < as is

I need help in parsing this xml document, I have a few &lt; and &gt; which I
want to preserve as is, I mean when I get the DOM, I do not want the text
node to contain < or >, but the entities as they were written in the xml
itself, i.e. &lt; and &gt;

I cannot touch the xml document, so I cannot put them in a CDATA or modify
the orginal xml in anyway, so I have to do something during the parsing,
either somekind of parser configuration or re-converting this back to the
way it was.

regards
haider