Posted to builds@apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/12/11 14:44:20 UTC

A little general purpose documentation on using Jenkinsfiles

Hi all,

As I have been setting up the builds for several Apache projects, I usually encountered the same problems and used the same solutions.

Thinking that this might help other projects, I documented recipes for some of the typical problems I encountered over time:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Multibranch+Pipeline+recipies

Feel free to comment, add or correct me … maybe things can be done even better.

Chris

Fwd: A little general purpose documentation on using Jenkinsfiles

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Nice writeup of Jenkinsfile use. I believe this is the bit where we don't
have a seed job anymore, and all that entails.

Kenn

Re: A little general purpose documentation on using Jenkinsfiles

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.

> On Dec 11, 2018, at 6:44 AM, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> As I have been setting up the builds for several Apache projects, I usually encountered the same problems and used the same solutions.
>
> Thinking that this might help other projects, I documented recipes for some of the typical problems I encountered over time:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Multibranch+Pipeline+recipies
>
> Feel free to comment, add or correct me … maybe things can be done even better.

	This is great!  I would love to have it when I was starting with this stuff!

	That said:  I think the #1 thing when dealing with multibranch pipelines is that post’s cleanup step should always have a deleteDir() in it to wipe out the workspace since the workspace directories for multi branch pipelines are hashes.  Not doing that means that Jenkins slaves will fill up. :(