Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se> on 2008/01/21 14:12:32 UTC

ofbiz

Hi.
I'm new to ofbiz and i'm studying its internals in order to integrate
it with a legacy product.

I have a few questions:

* Where is the documentation of the file format used for the screens?
* Accessing an entity through a jdbc-source instead of the ofbiz
entity engine
I can replace the implementation of a service so that the finders use
the jdbc driver but how do I, for instance, tell the "Edit agreement"
screen to use the jdbc?
"I guess" that the edit screen uses the tag "entity-one" to load the
entity to be edited in the form, avoiding the need of a call to
"loadAgreement" service. How do i replace the implementation of that
tag/call?

Thank you for your time.
/Roberto

Re: ofbiz

Posted by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>.
I may have given some answers to myself, since i found the document
that describes how to configure datasources per group (http://ofbiz.apache.org/docs/entityconfig.html#Entity_Model
)
I guess that relationship can only be defined among groups?
/Roberto

Re: ofbiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You would have to map you legacy DB entities to some new OFBiz entities (created by you, ie using specific entitymodel.xml and
entitygroup.xml files) and then use a specific data-source set in entity-engine.xml. But I wonder if it's the better way to go. Only
you can decide this at this stage...

http://ofbiz.apache.org/docs/entity.html

Jacques

From: "Roberto Cosenza" <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>

Re: ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can set up a datasource and its delegator in ofbiz.
you then have access to it in ofbiz.
look in the /framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml
you can add your own and set up the group map to you legacy system.
you can then define your legacy system in entity terms,  which would be
easiest, IHMO.
then you can use services engine to keep the two in sync, using secas.
Not sure, but I believe, from what I have heard, the the advance videos
cover this.
most of what I know, which is less than some, is from working with
ofbiz, reading the mailing lists.

Roberto Cosenza sent the following on 1/24/2008 5:22 AM:

Re: ofbiz

Posted by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>.
Thank you for your answer.

Re: ofbiz