Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Oliver Stutz <ol...@bienli.com> on 2011/07/29 21:07:09 UTC

Editing Excel Sheets

Dear Helpers,

I have the following issue,

I have received a xls file from a friend and it is supposed to be a
template for peoples tent-setup places which my program should fill
automatically.

Now the problem iam having originally was with jxl ->
jxl.read.biff.BiffException: Unable to recognize OLE stream
While i couldn't figure out why it wasn't working i swapped over to
Apache POI. I had to figure out which libraries to import ect... took me
some time.

I figured it all out but before it worked i got this error
"java.io.IOException: Invalid header signature; read 0xE011BDBFEFBDBFEF,
expected 0xE11AB1A1E011CFD0" , i read that this was a "original xls
document" problem, i sent a friend my document, he opened it in ms excel
and sent me a copy of it back, still no changes. With open office i can
perfectly open the xls file iam trying to edit.

I have no clue why it isn't working

Has somebody an insight maybe even a solution what iam doing wrong?

Thanks alot,

Oliver

Re: Editing Excel Sheets

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.