Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Lauren Riley <La...@FBLFinancial.com> on 2008/01/07 20:16:17 UTC

Macro

I am writing an Excel file that uses VLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH functions to
look up information in other sheets, that I am also writing.  As I come
into the spreadsheet, the values are shown as #VALUE.  If I go up to the
top and view my function, all I have to do is hit enter at the end, and
then the correct value will display.  I played with the
HSSFFormulaEvaluator some, but since those 3 functions aren't supported
yet, that didn't work either.  So my last option was to create a macro that
would just go hit enter on all those cells, hopefully showing my values
immediately.  I'm not sure how to do this, however.  Is it possible to have
a macro run upon opening the spreadsheet created totally in HSSF?

Thanks, Lauren

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to the message, and please delete it from your computer.

Re: Hidden Sheet

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Lauren Riley wrote:
> I see that is 43937...how do I get a svn checkout?

You have two options, either check it out yourself:
 	http://poi.apache.org/subversion.html
or just download a svn nightly build:
 	http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-svn-build/

Nick

Re: Hidden Sheet

Posted by Lauren Riley <La...@FBLFinancial.com>.
I see that is 43937...how do I get a svn checkout?

             Nick Burch
             <nick@torchbox.co
                                       POI Users List
             01/22/2008 10:05          <us...@poi.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Hidden Sheet
             "POI Users List"
             <user@poi.apache.
                   org>

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Lauren Riley wrote:
> How do you set a sheet as hidden? I see in the API there is a
> workbook.setSheetHidden(int, boolean) method.  I have POI 3.01 and I
> don't see this method in the HSSFWorkbook class????

See http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

It went in since 3.0.2 beta 2, so you'll need a svn checkout for now.
(It'll be in 3.0.2-FINAL once that's released)

Nick

Re: Hidden Sheet

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Hidden Sheet

Re: Macro

Posted by Chitão <ch...@neogrid.com>.
dont know if that will answer your questions but anyway

http://poi.apache.org/hssf/limitations.html

so i would guess not

can't you create your xl file based on an xl previously created, which would
contain the macro?
that may be a solution for you, if i understood your problem correctly

cheers