Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/14 18:12:35 UTC

Creating a jar file with a different extension

Dear Maven Users,

I need to create a jar file that has a different extension. A .spring
archive in this case.

I tried to change <build><finalName> and <jarName> of the
maven-jar-plugin but they both are used to change the filename part,
not the extension part.

Is this possible in another way?

Thanks,

 S.

Re: Creating a jar file with a different extension

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
You need to define a new packaging type to make it work. You provide a new
packaging type by developping a new plugin. Basically, the plugin would just
define some new packaging type in some xml files. No need for any Java files
since you don't developp any Mojo. It shouldn't be a very hard task.
Take a look at :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
There is a "Specifying a New Packaging" section. You can almost copy & paste
the entire xml file found in the standard jar plugin to create your.