Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Conrad Irwin <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/26 01:10:31 UTC

Building from eclipse?

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong list to ask questions like this.

I'm trying to make some changes to JAMES so that I can use it more
like smtpgated, but with more protocols.

In order to test my changes I've been doing "cd current/server; mvn
install; cd ../app; mvn package; cd target; unzip *.zip;
./*-SNAPSHOT/bin/james start"

Is there an easier way of doing this kind of thing? I've got
everything into Eclipse following the instructions at
http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-build.html, but I've not been
able to find the files referenced in the "Prepare projects" section so
that I can get building from inside eclipse to work.

Do you know what I should do to make this work?

Thanks!
Conrad

Re: Building from eclipse?

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Conrad,

We use James App [1] as the project that binds all pieces together to
form the binaries that you can download from the website. It depends
on all James artifacts and contains the spring config files and the
spring container initialization.

Start from there.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/app/

Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com

Re: Building from eclipse?

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Conrad,

Seems like our doc needs a wrap-up to get aligned with trunk.

A recent thread should help you (read latest posts):
http://markmail.org/message/ewpe3sas3o6hfi7v

If this doesn't work out, just come back here :)

Thx, Eric