Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chenjh <ch...@thinker.com.cn> on 2009/06/29 05:48:30 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError

users,

I often get the NoClassDefFoundError from my tomcat 5.5.
I had placed jfreechart.jar and jcommon.jar into [tomcat]/common/lib, but after running for some time, the producing image page fail with NoClassDefFoundError.  I had to restart the tomcat to fix it.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createPieChart3D(ChartFactory.java:741)
	at org.apache.jsp.manager.charts_jsp._jspService(charts_jsp.java:124)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Regards

chenjh
2009-06-29

Re: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: chenjh [mailto:chenjh@thinker.com.cn]
> Subject: NoClassDefFoundError
>
> I had placed jfreechart.jar and jcommon.jar into [tomcat]/common/lib,
> but after running for some time, the producing image page fail with
> NoClassDefFoundError.

Make sure you do not have other copies of jfreechart.jar or jcommon.jar (or any classes therein) in some other location visible to the webapp classloader - such as WEB-INF/lib or shared/lib.

 - Chuck