Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by sbarriba <sb...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/10/10 18:23:51 UTC

RE: MySql 5.0 & JackRabbit: Connection issues

Hi all,
I notice that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-940 (JCR-940: add db
connection autoConnect for BundleDbPersistenceManager.) is not included in
the 1.3.3 release notes and does not have a "fix version" in JIRA. However
it is fixed.

Will this fix to included in the next JackRabbit release?

This is a very important fix for us.

Regards,
Shaun

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 10/12/07, sbarriba <sb...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there a rough date for the release of 1.4 out of interest?

I think the best I can promise for now is that the release will be out
this year.

I don't yet have a precise release plan to point you to, but basically
we still need to finalize a few new features (the global data store,
the promoted spi and ocm components, etc.), so I guess it'll take at
least a month before we can start the release branch and create the
first release candidates.

I'll follow up with a more concrete 1.4 release plan in the next week or two.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

RE: MySql 5.0 & JackRabbit: Connection issue

Posted by sbarriba <sb...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks Jukka.
Is there a rough date for the release of 1.4 out of interest?
Regards,
Shaun

> connection autoConnect for BundleDbPersistenceManager.) is not included in
> the 1.3.3 release notes and does not have a "fix version" in JIRA. However
> it is fixed.
>
> Will this fix to included in the next JackRabbit release?

As an improvement/new feature I didn't want to include it in the 1.3.3
patch release. It'll be included in Jackrabbit 1.4.

> This is a very important fix for us.

Good to know, this kind of feedback is very valuable for release planning!

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: MySql 5.0 & JackRabbit: Connection issue

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,