Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Karen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/15 21:35:07 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Add error IDs

Hi all,

I'm excited to announce that the framework for adding error classes and
SQLSTATE was merged recently! (See SPARK-34920
<https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/e3bd817d65ef65c68e40a2937aab0ec70a4afb6f#diff-d41e24da75af19647fadd76ad0b63ecb22b08c0004b07091e4603a30ec0fe013>
and SPARK-34958
<https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/71c086eb87b7610aa39bb0766fbabe4ef371c6a4#diff-d41e24da75af19647fadd76ad0b63ecb22b08c0004b07091e4603a30ec0fe013>
for full implementation detail, and error-classes.json
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/resources/error/error-classes.json>
to see which error classes exist now.)

Given the large number of error messages that exist across the code base,
I'd like to welcome the community to help refactor around the error class
framework.
To help organize this effort, I've opened an umbrella ticket for the
refactoring effort focusing on the SQL component, SPARK-36094
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-36094>. If you want to
contribute, please create a subtask for the ticket.
As a demonstration, see the sample PRs SPARK-36106
<https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/33309> or SPARK-36074
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-36074>.

Thank you!