Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 18:08:58 UTC

JSP debug support in Geronimo 2.0

FYI --  Java EE 5 requires support for JSP debugging.  Geronimo's
tomcat6-jee5 and jetty6-jee5 assemblies satisfy this requirement by
using Jasper for JSP.  I verified that JSP debug works properly in
those assemblies by starting them in debug mode, deploying a JSP that
contains a scriptlet , setting a breakpoint, and then stepping through
the scriptlet.  Also, by visually inspecting the class files that
Jasper generates you can see the table that maps java source line
numbers to JSP line numbers.

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: JSP debug support in Geronimo 2.0