Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Darryl <da...@vis.co.za> on 2001/03/22 16:34:34 UTC

ActionMappings

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie to Struts. I'm developing a reusable login
component and have just got it packaged into a WAR file today in order
to test. Unfortunately I'm getting the following error when trying to
pull up the default JSP page that has a few form: struts tags in it.

     500 Internal Server Error

     javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
     ActionFormBeans collection
             at
     org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:703)

             at
     org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:441)

             at /login.jsp._jspService(/login.jsp.java:40) (JSP
     page line 8)
             at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
             at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.xj(JAX)
             at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
             at com.evermind.server.http.d3.sw(JAX)
             at com.evermind.server.http.d3.su(JAX)
             at com.evermind.server.http.ef.s1(JAX)
             at com.evermind.server.http.ef.do(JAX)
             at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

As you can tell, I'm running under Orion Server. Has anyone encountered
this error before? If so, please let me know what I'm doing wrong or
where I'm going wrong. Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks,
Darryl

Re: ActionMappings

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.
Darryl wrote:

>      500 Internal Server Error
>
>      javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings
>      or ActionFormBeans collection
>              at
>      org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:703)

Take a look at your logon.jsp

                         ^^^
For this action
Check in struts-config.xml that you have a form instance named

              <action   path="/admin/logon"
                       name="logonForm"
Form Instance Name            ^^^
                       [Items deleted]
              </action>

Tyen check that the form Instance Name has
a class associated with it.

               <form-bean      name="logonForm"
                    type="com.solers.portal.pcontrol.common.LogonForm"/>
Class associated with the Login Instance                ^^^^^^^^

-Rob