Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> on 2021/01/07 10:16:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0

Hi All,

After a fruitful discussion about our first Apache Sedona release
1.0.0-incubator, the release has been created. This is a call for vote to
release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0.

Note that: the current sha1 and checksum verification of Sedona will
require us to manually download artifact jars, sha1, asc from
repository.apache.org 12 times each. It is very annoying. Please let me
know if you have any suggestions to speed up the process.

Release note:
https://sedona.staged.apache.org/download/GeoSpark-All-Modules-Release-notes/#sedona-100

Build instructions:
https://sedona.staged.apache.org/download/compile/

Git tag:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/releases/tag/sedona-1.0.0-incubator

Maven staging repository (search for "sedona", 12 artifacts in total):
https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories

Release Commit ID:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/commit/29f897bbcaf65aa5b5b28ea4e93c6b7e783d83a6

GPG public key to verify the Release:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jiayuasu/8b6cc263c538148490f7a090ee1dbeab/raw/09d3821e2794ddf22542f74c0db5195cf5c1ff49/gpg-public-key.gpg

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference (because of DISCLAIMER-WIP, other checklist items
are not blockers):

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

For a detailed checklist  please refer to:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

To verify the checksum,
1. open https://repository.apache.org
2 (1) click each release jar (12 in total) to see its current SHA1 (under
Artifact tab) (2) download .jar.sha1 to see the content of the uploaded
sha1. This two should match

To verify the GPG key (12 in total),
gpg --import the-key-file
gpg --verify xxx.jar.asc xxx.jar

You should see something like "gpg: Good signature from "Jia Yu (Arizona
State University Data Systems Lab) <ji...@asu.edu>"  gpg: WARNING: This
key is not certified with a trusted signature!"

Thanks,
Jia

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Dear all,

Just a reminder, please cast your vote at your earliest convenience.

To make it easier for you, I just wrote a script to verify the GPG
signature and SHA1 checksum for all 12 release jars. This script has been
tested on Mac OS Catalina and Ubuntu 18.04.

All you need to do is three steps:

1. gpg --import the-key-file   You can get my public key here:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jiayuasu/8b6cc263c538148490f7a090ee1dbeab/raw/09d3821e2794ddf22542f74c0db5195cf5c1ff49/gpg-public-key.gpg
2. chmod 777 verify-sedona-release.sh  to make the script runnable
3. Run the script

You will find three variables in the script if you open it. It will create
a "TMP" folder to store "1.0.0-incuabtor" jars from Sedona staging repo
"1006"

Jia

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Hi Von and Felix,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am actually working on fixing the
issue. It will be done in one or two days. I will keep you posted.

Jia

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
To clarify, what on

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sedona (incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by Netanel Malka <ma...@apache.org>.
Great Job!!