Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stou Sandalski <st...@icapsid.net> on 2003/11/08 12:48:57 UTC

[math] Contributions

Hi,

I am interested in working on the Math commons project, mainly in the linear
algebra section.  I have been toying with the idea of writing some methods
and classes for manipulating matrices (determinates, rref. right, left,
normalized/orthogonal-eigenvectors, and all that other fun stuff), but could
not find an excuse to spend time on them.

My question is, after looking at the javadocs and xref it seems like the
RealMatrix has already been created and implemented, but from the User Guide
in Linear Algebra it says "This is yet to be written."  How finished is this
and what kind of work needs to be done on it? Are you looking to extend it
with other operations?  In general: "What can I do?"

Also I have some java objects I wrote for a class (as in school) that
perform complex number manipulation and complex polynomial manipulation that
might be useful.

Thanks

Stou