Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sergey Dmitriev <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/26 15:16:55 UTC

today's drlvm is not buildable on linux em64t

Hello

just wanted to make sure you guys are aware of linux em64t situation.
As it turned out r588319 is not buildable. Please refer to
HARMONY-5032.

Thanks
Sergey

Re: today's drlvm is not buildable on linux em64t

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org>.
Sergey Dmitriev wrote:
> Well I have an update on this:
> the root cause is in the -Dos.arch=x86_64 keyword. Previous versions
> (say 22 oct 2007) of DRLVM build did identify the underlying OS arch
> automatically. The current version does not so you have to specify
> this keywork. Just wanted to check - is it made intentionally or is a
> bug?

You need to define os.arch by hands when you use 32-bit JRE to run ant
to build DRLVM. In this case JRE defines os.arch=x86 and ant uses the
same value. I checked DRLVM's diff since 22 Oct and I found no string
containing os.arch, so DRLVM didn't change in defining this property, it
reuses it from the JRE that is used to run ant. Are you sure that it is
not your local setup that changed so that you started to use 32-bit JRE?

--
Gregory

Re: today's drlvm is not buildable on linux em64t

Posted by Sergey Dmitriev <se...@gmail.com>.
Well I have an update on this:

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.